Born in Larués, Aragón, Spain. Has resided in New York since 1986.
- Sphere at the Olympics, London, England
- Installation, The University of Barcelona, Spain
- Burning Bronzes, Angel Orensanz Foundation, New York, US
- NY Armory Arts Week, exhibition of Buñuel and Orensanz’s video works.
- Exhibition Angel Orensanz, 20 Years in Russia, Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts
in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Paradigma, Museo del Traje, Madrid, Spain
- Time Split Sculpture, Hermitage Museum, St.Petersburg, Russia
Award of The Union of Russian Artist for Cultural Collaboration between Spain and Russia
- Waves of Warms, installation, New York
- Red Waves, installation, performance and movie presentation, Sundance, US
- The Savage Thinking: New Works, in The Endless Geometryexhibition, Paris, France
Sculpture installation for the 75th anniversary of the opening of the Spanish College of Paris, France
- Reconstruction of Haiti, sculpture installation and art action, Cannes, France
- The Floating Sistine Chapel of Angel Orensanz, large scale installation, New York, US
- The Abyss of the Gulf, textiles constructs, photographs, video, New York, US
- Radioactive Fires of Russia, 30 drawings, installation & video, New York, US
- The Floods of Afghanistan and Pakistan, large scale installation, New York, US
- The Floating Sistine Chapel in Tokyo, Marunouchi building, Japan
- 25 Years of Angel Orensanz in Russia, in The Annual Russian Art Festival, video installation, NY, US
- Angel Orensanz in Italy, presentation, Italian Cultural Institute, New York, US
- Weightlessness, solo exhibition at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow, Russia
- Matter/Light, large scale exhibition at The Angel Orensanz Foundation for the
Arts in collaboration with The Armory Show, New York, March 3 – 6, 2009
- A Small Retrospective, selections from the permanent collection of the Angel Orensanz Museum NY, Orensanz Summer Museum, Governors Island, New York, US
- Snow sculptures, ABC playground, Houston Street, New York, US
- Red String, Civic Art Gallery, Givatayim, Tel Aviv, Israel, curated by Doron Pollak
- Sand Drawings//Ground Marks, the Yeshuv Hayashan’ Museum, Jerusalem, Israel, curated by Doron Pollak
- The Far Reaches of the Space, shuttle exhibit with stops at museums of and art fairs, New York, US
- Sphere, large scale sculpture for the World Trade Center, Zaragoza, Spain
- Grand Award, Open International Sculpture and Installation, Lido (Venice), Italy
- Sculpture in steel for new airport of Zaragoza, Spain
- Groups show to celebrate the WWII liberation of Eastern Europe, Prague, Czech Republic
- Exhibition at the Orestiadi Foundation, (Sicily), the work becomes part of the collection.
- Intervention commemorate the Spanish Medieval philosopher Maimonides, Cordova, Spain,
- Salute to Russia, a collaboration with Yale University a Capella Choir, Moscow Museum of Modern Art
- Open Tent, group show, celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights of 1968 in Paris, Place de la Ville de Paris, France
- Messina, large relief in wax to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the 1908 Messina earthquake
- Grand Cinema Award for short The Final Score, Monte Carlo Film Festival, Monaco
- The Joyous Instability of Art, drawings, sculpture and fabric installation, Castello della Cuba, Palermo (Sicily) curated Achille Bonito Oliva
- Mobiles. A Balancing Act, Mocando Art Gallery, London, UK
- Dinosaurios del Espacio, sculptures, bronze, steel and fiberglass, Galeria Dolores de Sierra, Madrid, Spain
- Exhibition in Tel Aviv, Israel; May 22-July 22
- Landscape Bones, retrospective exhibit, MoMa Wales, Machynlleth, UK
- The Garden Before the Serpent, large sculpture group in steel, 9 month temporary installation at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, New York, US
- The Barge Project: Angel Orensanz in Coimbra, Water Museum, Coimbra (Portugal)
- The Orensanz of Orensanz, major retrospective show, Cajalon Gallery, Zaragoza, Spain
- Don Quijote Returns to Castile, a landscape piece of a square kilometer ploughed over a tract of land in Dosbarrios, 50 kms. away from Madrid
- Murano Sculptures (awards) for Fitsa Foundation, Madrid; acquired by Saatchi and Saatchi
- Reflectant Universe, a major retrospective, Water Museum, Lisbon, Portugal
- Sails of Departure-Sails of Arrival, sculpture show, Ludwig Museum/State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Burning Universe, curated by Paolo de Grandis, Palazzo Malipiero, Venice, Italy
- Prix Pierre Oulmont, Sculpture Prize, Fondation de France
- Galaxie Imaginaire, Vert Gallant Gallery, Paris, France
- Spring in Central Park, temporary installation in Central Park (South/East entrance of the lake), New York
- Spirit of the River, Omono River, Akita, sculpture installation and intervention, Japan
- Earth: Death-Birth, Alexander Pushkin Museum, Moscow (Russia)
- Earth: Death-Birth, Rumyantsev Palace, in collaboration with the Russian Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Earth: Death-Birth Panel discussion, Six major American art critics on Orensanz's aesthetics. New York.
- Windtides, sculpture intervention, River Neva, Moscow
- Circles over Venice, fabric sculpture installations at Campo Santa Margharita, Campo San Samuale and at the Giardini della Bienale
- Drawing, Galleria Ca’Rezzonico, Venice, Italy
- The Orensanz Portfolio, a compilation of 12 video works in collaboration with Donna Cameron, enters the collection of the Circulating Film and Video Library of MoMa, New York
- Blade on the Eye/Homage to Luis Buñuel, Cite Universitaire, Paris, France
- Angel Orensanz: Digital Awareness, a collection of four video pieces and sculpture group at Tompkins Square Park, Howl! Festival, New York, US
- Burning Universe. Digital Poetry of a Galaxy in Ruins, APA! Art Center, Budapest, Hungary
- Do Sakuras Blossom in Winter?New Video Works, 60 min. Anthology Film Archives, New York
- Blade on the Eye/Homage to Luis Buñuel, Open 2003: International Exhibition of Sculpture and Installation
- Sculpture installation and art action at the Controradio Festival of Radical culture in Florence
- In Nasa's Lab and The Steppes of Mars in NYC and European Diaries in Brussels (videos)
- Group show, Remy Toledo Gallery, New York, US
- Angel Orensanz: Recent Video Works, 70 min, Pioneer Theater, New York, US
- Wandering Library, group show, Jewish Museum, Venice; Books Museum, Lodz, Poland and New York
- Disegni/Drawings, curated by Davide Scarabelli, Accademia delle Belli Arti, Reggio Calabria and
- Galleria d'Arte Contemporanea. Palazzo Ducale de Pavullo, Modena, Italy. Ninety works on paper. Touring exhibition through Italy.
- Angel Orensanz: Italian Installations and Interventions, curated by Thomas McEvilley, New York, US
- The City of New York declares April 10 "Angel Orensanz Day"
- Sculpture-City-Textures in Venice, Italy and Kultur Im Spannwerk, Berlin, Germany
- Power Post, exhibit of drawings, Kassel, Germany.
- Intervention at Ground Zero in commemoration of 9/11, New York.
- Sculpture commemorative of filmmaker Luis Buñuel for Calanda (Teruel) exhibited in Madrid, Spain
- Scavare il Futuro, installation in Caserta, Naples, Italy
- Wendezeiten II, Bendorf, Austria, group show with Eduardo Chillida, Bernard Venet, Urs Jaeggi and more
- Prints by Orensanz are purchased by the Biblioteca Nacional de España, Madrid, for the collection of Masters of Drawing and Prints.
- Sculpture intervention, Berlin, Brandenburg Gate, Germany
- Orensanz carries a sculpture intervention in New York's Fifth Avenue as a reflection on the attacks on the WTC
- Una Foresta, large group of bronze sculptures and The Angel of Vengeance, Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza, Rome, an exhibit organized by the Ministry for Cultural Affairs of Italy
- Residency at the Jewish Museum in Rendsburg, Kiel, Germany
- 60 steel and wood sculpture installation in Montreal, Canada
- Sculpture commemorative of Luis Buñuel, Calanda, Spain
- Wendezeiten I, group show, Bendorf, Austria
- Banner & Sphere, with Markers Project of the Artists Museum, Tel Aviv, Biennale of Venice
- The Shattered Tent, a traveling installation in Strasbourg, Geneva, Brussels and at the UN building, New York in protest of the Balkan wars
- The Peace Bus, Florence
- Citta di Firenze Award at the II Biennale di Arte Contemporanea, Florence
- Exhibitions in Ca d'Oro Gallery, Rome, Italy and Blau Art Gallery, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Solo show at the Sculptor's Society of Canada, Toronto
- Shoe Installation Sculpture at the Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto, curated by Pat Fleischer
- Exhibit at the Wroclaw Academy of Fine Arts, Wroclaw, Poland
- Retrospective exhibition at Charles Luckman Gallery, California State University, Los Angeles
- Centro Cultural Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Temporary installations at the Colosseum and Fontana di Trevi, Rome,
- Homage to Alexander Saeltzer in front of the Cathedral Cologne, Germany,
- Fire Field in front of the Reichstag, Berlin, Germany.
- Solo exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tokyo
- Installation, Miasaky Airport, Japan
- Wall Sculpture, Barcelona International Airport
- Banderillas del Guadalquivir, a series of open air installations in Sapporo, Japan; New York and Seville, Spain
- Retrospective exhibit at Tallin Arts Center, Tallin, Estonia, organized by the Ministry of Culture of Estonia
- Exhibition in Panevezys, Lithuania, and temporary installation the Red Square, Moscow
- Sunrise, sculpture in steel with performance at Bunka Gakuin University, Tokyo
- Musicalia, a one-year environmental exhibition in Ropongi Park, Tokyo
- Inauguration of the Angel Orensanz Foundation, Center for the Arts, Norfolk Street, New York
- Exhibitions in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Saint Nazaire-Paris, St. Germain en Laye-Toulouse, Lisbon and Casablanca, Morocco
- Solo Exhibitions at Neue Berliner Galerie in Altem Museum, Berlin, Musée de Luxembourg, Paris; Lyon and Marseille
- Spirit of the Village, temporary installation at Sixth Avenue and Bleecker Street, New York
- Sun Screen, a permanent installation of one thousand fiber pieces and steel cables, Sea Island, Georgia
- South Music, six large steel sculptures commission by architect John Portman for Marriott Marquis Hotel in downtown Atlanta, Georgia
- Tangible Sounds, large scale sculptures with sound interaction, Studio 54, New York, US
- Landscape Sculptures, installations in Sallent de Gallego, Spain
- Furrow Sculpture, landscape art over a six acres tract in the Pyrenees Mountains, Spain
- Metal Environments, 12’ weather resistant metal sculptures, Front de Seines and La Defense, Paris, France
- Warspell, sculpture installation and performance at Central Park, New York
- Steel Forest, Madrid International Airport
- Totems, steel sculptures, solo exhibitions in Boston and Los Angeles
- Metal Sculptures, solo exhibition at the Vejle Museum, Vejle, Denmark
- Environment, Martin Gelber collection, Bel Air, Los Angeles.
- American Landscapes, three mural relief in ceramic 4 by 1.5 meters for IBM Center in Boca Raton, Florida (Marcel Breuer Building)
- Film lectures at Pacific Design Centre, Los Angeles and at the Central School of Design, London.
- Lecture series in Film, Rice University, Houston; California State University, UCLA, Santa Barbara; and Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City.
Opening of Museo Angel Orensanz y Artes de Serrablo, Sabinanigo, Spain
Speed Bird and Lineal, two large steel sculptures, entrance of Barcelona International Airport.
- Iron Screen, Sculpture, Zaragoza, Spain
- Film lecture at Alternative Center for International Arts, New York.
- XIV Bienal de São Paolo, Brazil. Official Spanish participation
- Film documentary on his work at Venice Biennale.
- Sculpture installed at the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona
- Two monumental steel sculptures installed at Barcelona International Airport
- Iron environment piece, Edificio Beatriz, Madrid.
- Landscape Sculptures, steel free-standing installations, France-Barcelona international freeway
- Landscape Sculptures, steel free-standing installations, Martorell, Barcelona, Spain
- Environmental Sculpture, installation of 215 steel, wood and fiber pieces in Holland Park, London, organized by the Greater London Council
- Sculptural environment in Sarriá, Barcelona
- British film documentary on Angel Orensanz’s works shown at MoMa, New York
- Sculpture installed in Plaza Joanich, Barcelona, Spain
- Exhibition Metro Saint Augustin, Paris, France
- III Exposición Internacional del Pequeno Bronce. Madrid, Spain
- Menhir, stone sculpture, 8’ x 5’, milestone in park environment, Barcelona, Spain
- International Exhibition of Sculpture, Barcelona.
- Wooden Relief, 7’ x 4.5’, wooden relief to reflect the light, natural and electronic, Munich, Germany
- Façade, cast concrete, 81’ x 10’ covering staircase shaft on exterior of office building, Madrid, Spain
- Everituve Award of Sculpture
- Salon de Mai Gold Medal, Paris. Biennale de Paris
- Studies at the École Superieure des Beaux Arts in Paris
- Sculptures based on the opera Atlántida, at the Gran Teatro del Liceo, Barcelona
- Studies at the Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes de San Jorge in Barcelona. MA in Art History